About DUI Appeals

Challenging Your Conviction Through a DUI Appeal

If you were recently convicted of a DUI, you may feel that certain elements of your case were missing or that you were not given complete due process of law. If this is the case, you may have a limited amount of time to file for an appeal of your conviction. Speak to a Michigan OWI lawyer as soon as possible if you want to appeal your DUI, and your lawyer will help you file a written brief. This brief will argue why your conviction was made in error, and should provide evidence of legal mistakes that changed the outcome of your trial or the sentence you were given.

A skilled DUI attorney will argue that your case should be dismissed, that you should get a new trial, or that you deserve to be re-sentenced. After your brief is filed, an opposing brief is submitted by the government, after which your lawyer usually has a chance to file a second brief in response. This process can be complicated, and it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side.

Boulahanis & Associates is here to pursue every legal avenue during the course of your appeal. If it is possible to get you a new trial or obtain a re-sentencing, our firm will fight aggressively on your behalf. When you become our client, you will receive your attorney's personal cell phone number so that you stay connected 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Let us give you the personal legal attention you deserve.

DUI Attorney Serving Dearborn & Wayne County

You may want to file an appeal if your sentence was too harsh and does not match the severity of your crime. If a juror on your case could have had a lapse in judgment during your trial caused by drugs or alcohol, you should speak to our firm. Another reason may be that the prosecuting attorney withheld evidence from your lawyer during the course of your trial. If you think any of these circumstances apply to your case, speak to our firm immediately.